Item #1 – Uniform check in
All school uniform pieces should be turned in to the band room. This includes:
· Coat & bibbers
· Color guard – tunic & black pants
All other pieces are the students to keep and will be used again next year. This includes:
· Black gloves
· Color guard – leotard
Item #2 – Uniform cleaning fee
A cleaning fee is now due. Please make payment by 10/26.
· Make check out to ‘East Ridge Raptors Band Boosters’. A payment box is located in the band room.
· Fee for marching band members is $20.
· Fee for color guard members is $10.
Item #3 – Buy Back Program
For the first time this year, the boosters are offering a buyback program. We will buy items in good condition for both marching band and color guard members for half of the original purchase price. Items eligible:
· For shoes – marching band or color guard
· Color guard - leotards and glovesAnyone interest in selling their item, please contact Phyllis Kapetanakis at 651-528-6799. You can also bring them to the marching band award night on 10/22 or to the next booster meeting on 11/12.
A big THANK YOU goes out to Kaynell Zeman and all the volunteers who made the Sept. 21, 2012 Homecoming Tailgate party a huge success!
We had a great turnout and fun was had by all.
Following the event, Mr. Tank sent out the following note:
Parents,I have worked with Kaynell and Jeff Zeman and family for many years and I am sad that this is their last year. They have been a great resource and example for parental support throughout my years at PHS and ERHS.
ERHS Marching Raptors and the SoWashCo marching band will be performing this summer at its regular parades and events (Cottage Grove Strawberry Festival, St. Paul Park Heritage Days, Wood for the summers and fall season. In addition, ERHS will be hosting a great show on June 23rd in which some of the best drum corps in the nation will be performing; ‘The River City Rhapsody.’ Students will be volunteering time to assist spectators in many ways and get a great view of great music. Parents are also invited to be a part of this excellent event.
Please e-mail Director of Band, Mr Christopher Tank at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 651-768-2335 with any questions and always be watching for more information on the website.
Most up-to-date calendar can be found by clicking on "Calendar" in the left hand column:
A few items to point out:
1. Students should always come early before the time indicated. Especially for performances, students should arrive at least 1 hour prior to put on uniforms and prep instruments.
2. Please do not schedule appointments during rehearsals or performances. It's important that everyone is there for the team. This is the 'varsity' group and there are no second strain players to fill in.
3. ERHS enforces that students will be offered the opportunity to participate in more than one activity in a season. Coaches are not to hinder a student from participating in another activity and allow said student to share time in both whether in performance or practice. Schedules for all practices and performances should be available at the time of sign up for all activities. However, it is the responsibility of the student to communicate with the coach the practice schedule well ahead of time with both coaches to optimize sharing time and planning for related events; i.e. practices or performances.